Saturday, November 17, 2012

Creative Development: Organic Modeling II (with Rigging!)

Since I finally have a workstation in my room (computer desk, TV, mini-fridge, the works!), I don't think I'll be leaving my house for a while. As a matter of fact, I was once again inspired to to more organic modeling!

After being chewed out by classmates from trying out a different way of face modeling, I just went on back to the good ol' edge-by-edge method. And since I understand more about edge flow than I did a year ago, this was a MUCH easier process. About 2-3 hours on-and-off.





In my opinion, this one looks better than the first one, especially in the nose and ear. Definitely a lot of geometry in the mouth area, but I'm working on my poly count in the next attempt. EVERYTHING is a quad, which I'm definitely proud of! 

Also, using my knowledge of rigging to complete a face rig from scratch! The bones controls are all set up and once I finish painting weights and actually texture this head, I'll demonstrate the rig to show that it's working. 

Until then, happy Saturday!

 - Jason B. Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment